There has been some discussion about options to attend the course. In this regard, we wish to quote the Shiva Mahapurana, Mahatmyam (Introduction) which is appended from the Skanda Mahapurana.
puṁsāṁ dīkṣāvihīnānāṁ nadhikāraḥ kathāśrave| Mahatmya 7.4
Translation: The persons without dīkṣā are not entitled to listen (learn) the Shiva Mahapurana.
Therefore it is imperative that everyone who is going to participate in this SMP Course must have Guru dīkṣā from a bona fide tradition. This rule cannot be compromised and those who do not have dīkṣā can easily get the simplest of panchakshari dīkṣā on Monday, 7 Mar, 2016 on the day of Maha Shivaratri.
- CONTACT CLASS
- Mahā Śiva Rātri Programme
Briefing: 6 Mar, 2016 at 8:00 AM IST at Bhimtal, Himalayas
Pañcākṣarī Dīkṣa and Puja: 7 Mar, 2016 (PM) Only for those who are not initiated by any bona fide paraṁparā (Details). Venue: Jageshwar, the holy seat of Nāgeśa jyotirliñga
- HIMALAYA CLASSES
- Part A: 6 Days ⇒ 9 Mar – 14 Mar, 2016
Part B: 11 Days ⇒ 15 Mar – 25 Mar, 2016
Wednesdays are Holy Days
- Attendance of Mahā Śiva Rātri Programme and Part-A of the Himalaya Classes covering the dates 16-24 Feb, 2015 is
COMPULSORYoptional for all new members who have not attended the SMP previously. Please do not join this course if you cannot attend the Himalaya Class.
Modified Himalaya Class
The biggest problem that people have been having is the ‘compulsory’ attendance of the Śivarātri Pujā at Jageshwar (Nāgeśvara Jyotirliñga), Himalaya. The reasons cited are quite a few.
Students of other courses like JSP and PJC have already committed to coming for these during the end of 2014 and it will be difficult for them to make a time commitment for another trip to India in such a small gap.
Many have families and job responsibilities and it may not be possible for them to come for this course as they are already travelling.
In addition ‘compulsory’ will imply attendance of the Contact Class in the Himalayas. This adds a good two weeks to the holiday from family and work and is just not feasible for many.
Keeping the above in view, we have decided the following:
- You can join the online course and we will record the teachings which can be given online as we would have done, and some additional ones as well.
- The course continues for 18 long months, which means you can travel to any Śiva temple, at any place in this planet, during any of the māsa Śivarātri (check dates) and can make a promise to perform the Śivarātri pujā at least once.
- You will keep a fast during Mahā Śivarātri (must promise) and every māsa Śivarātri (will try at least). Details will be taught in the course and it is not going to kill you. In fact it will wash away all your ‘Jupiter’ related sins of this and past lives. Your family prospers, you have peace in life, children are definitely going to prosper and do well … and the deepest desire, at least one, is surely going to get fulfilled. There is no good reason to back away from this, except your own mental weakness.
- There will be some jyotiṣa content not found elsewhere and therefore we have to teach this as well, and this will be online.
If there are any points we may have missed, please reply to this post with your questions.